Property management branding is about more than your logo or tagline. It is the culmination of your assets and the feelings they produce in the mind of your clients and potential clients. When consumers identify with a brand, they build brand loyalty and can stay faithful clients for years to come.
There are many elements that go into building a brand. Unfortunately, most property management companies stop with the website and logo creation and get back to finding leads. While that's great, and leads are very important, taking the time to nurture your brand will make finding property management leads a lot easier down the road.
Why Is Branding Important for Property Management Companies?
- Your brand helps you communicate to potential clients who you are and what sets you apart from the other property management companies in your market.
- A property management brand matters as much for service providers as it does for someone buying soda. Think of just how much brand matters for that $2 purchase.
- Sure, you're probably not selling sweatshirts with your logo on them—but I bet you can think of at least one national property management company with radio ads.
- What makes their messaging memorable is their brand—and the consistency and clarity of that messaging.
Consumers notice whether you have a brand or are just another 'out-of-the-box' property management company with the exact same look, feel, and messaging of other companies in the same city.
If you don't take the time to build your company branding, you might find it difficult to compete for property management leads with the companies that do.
How Blogging Helps Build Brands
How can you build your brand? There are a lot of tools out there. At RentBridge, we find that most property management companies have a good starter website, logo, and other personal touches. By focusing on building a blog and social media presence, we can help you:
- Become a thought leader: Blogging allows a brand to showcase new ideas and show how they're leading the market in innovations, such as adopting new technology (like PMOS) that is shaping the future of property management.
- Showcase your expertise: A major component of both branding and inbound marketing is blogging because it is helpful to your audience. This helpfulness builds trust between you and your leads and drives repeat visits to your website, so your brand becomes familiar and comfortable to your readership.
- Build your credibility: The more you reinforce that you're an expert in property management by showcasing that knowledge, the more credible your sales pitch becomes. Aligning your sales and marketing messaging is an important part of branding.
- Tell your story: Perhaps most importantly, a blog can help you tell your story. This educates your consumers about why they should care about the things you care about.
There are other benefits to blogging and social media that go beyond branding!
- Better SEO: Helpful content can slowly and naturally improve your SEO if it is lagging behind competitors due to a lack of good content. All you need is content that answers the question your future clients are asking.
- More sales tools: Sending a blog to a prospect that has a deep dive into a topic is a great way to give your prospects more information without you having to do more work to create that information. Use tags to make your topics easy to find.
- More conversions: The longer a user stays on your site, the more likely they are to convert. Blogs don't guarantee you'll get property management leads—but they make it a lot more probable you will get leads.
- More visits and clicks: Our blogs drive tons of traffic to our site and to our client sites as they show up on SERPs as answers to property owner queries.
If it has been a while since you've shown your digital presence some love, you might want to start with a facelift of your current website and materials to ensure your on-page messaging is supporting your new brand-building efforts.
An out-of-date property management website is a sure way to make your efforts go unnoticed by readers who quickly bounce due to outdated copy, graphics, and slow load times.
RentBridge Builds Brands!
- Is your brand not really a brand yet?
- Is your messaging consistent, or is it all over the place?
- Do you lack a dedicated content development team?
Perhaps you've just got keyword stuffers manning your online presence.
If you're suffering from any (or all) of the above, we can help. RentBridge has a package meant to help property management companies build their brands through great content.
We also offer full marketing automation and web design for when you're ready to take your branding beyond content creation and to the next level. Want to learn more? Take 15 minutes out of your day and schedule a quick chat with a member of our team using this link!