Knowing where to begin when you are trying to get more owner leads for your property management business can be a daunting task. There are many methods you can lean on to increase your leads and secure more clients. It is fundamental to your success to understand how to utilize those methods and put them into action when developing your marketing campaigns.
The following five tips will help you navigate these complicated waters so that you can get your property management marketing plan on the path to victory!
1. Embrace Inbound Marketing
The term "inbound marketing" is thrown around quite a bit these days. That's because it has become an integral part of the way that marketing for property management companies is done. Inbound marketing must be at the core of the way you market.
So, what exactly is inbound marketing? It is a marketing method used to introduce potential new clients to a service or product, using a modern style. This can include SEO keyword optimization, social media channels, and other various online marketing methods.
This is why a great inbound marketing plan means having an excellent SEO guide in place. In order for possible new owners to reach out when they are looking for property managers, you must appear in the top search results. If you are the 7th or 8th search result, that owner is highly unlikely to get to you before finding another property manager who can meet their needs.
Also, be sure to answer questions that single-family residential property management clients are querying. Google prioritizes pages that begin with who, what, how, why, where, which, and is. This is because search engines like Google deliver answers to what is essentially a question; otherwise, clients will start using a different search engine. Everyone is trying to keep the customer happy.
2. Invest in "Mobile-Friendly" Platforms
The right property management systems will develop content to be mobile-friendly. There are plenty of leads that come in from mobile apps these days. This could be from your company's website or from an online review resource, such as Google or Yelp. If your website is lacking in mobile adaptation, you could lose a plentiful source of leads.
3. Give Owners Multiple Contact Options
Consider the advantage of the many dynamic means of communication available today. They make it far easier for owners to contact you and can increase client satisfaction. Technology has expanded people's ability to connect considerably. Below are some examples:
- Text: Many people prefer to send a quick text message these days versus getting on the phone. Not only is it more efficient, but it is more convenient, as well. You don't need to be in a place where you can pick up the phone and can respond at your convenience.
- Chatbots: These are not only a great way for your customers to feel immediately connected; they are also one of the latest components of successful workflow automation.
- Form Submissions: This is a productive way for customers to reach out. They answer a few questions, hit submit, and you can reply while being prepared to answer their questions in advance.
- Traditional Methods: No matter how much technology evolves, there will still be people who prefer "old school" methods of contact. Making it easy for an owner to pick up a phone or send a quick email is still a great way to generate new leads.
4. Keep up with Social Media
There are several ways to perfect your social media presence. You can create a posting schedule to make sure your content stays up-to-date. It's important to have reminders of your business in the news feeds of potential new leads. Being reactive to any comments left on the content you post is equally important. You want your audience to feel heard and acknowledged! Responding to comments (carefully) is also a way to show your clients you're actively involved in your media accounts.
Holding contests is another great way to generate interest in your property management business. You can stipulate that people "like" and "comment" on specific posts as a way of entering a contest. This encourages them to share content with their friends and family. Just note that it is against Facebook policy, for example, to ask anybody to "share" a post as a method of entry.
5. Cultivate Your Property Management Website
Your website is one of the most potent property management marketing and lead generation tools that you have available to you. It is crucial to ensure that your website is operating at peak performance. This means including keywords that will help you rank highly on search engines (SEO best practices). It's also essential to have several ways for people to reach you via your website (see tip #3).
We realize a lot of this information can be overwhelming; that is why Rent Bridge is here to help! Inbound marketing for property management is just one of our specialties: let us guide you through every step.