Creating property management workflows is the first step to being able to truly integrate automation into your property management business! Once defined, property management process automation can step in and transform your business using a variety of tools that will make you wonder why it took so long to get started.
Even if you aren't planning on automating your business, workflows are a productivity tool that more than live up to the hype! Defining and documenting processes and then measuring performance is the only way to ensure the consistent improvement and efficiency that comes from building workflows.
Here's a roundup of some of our best content on workflows: what you should automate, how to do it, and the tools that take property management automation from merely 'cool' to 'excellent!'
First things first, you need to document your processes! This can be done with a team, with a property management consultant, or by leadership—but it is usually a best practice to involve your team at some point, if only to learn what exactly it is they are doing. This can often help you spot inefficiencies you didn't even know existed.
From there, you need to outline (and flesh out) the process:
- Who is accountable?
- How long should it take?
- What triggers will set a workflow into action?
- What property management tools are needed?
It can be fun to think of it as taking your business from what seems like a Rube Goldberg machine to a simple flipping of a switch.
Ready to get started? Check out these blogs for more information about creating property management workflows!
- Establishing a Property Management Workflow
- A Beginner's Guide to Automation: Workflow Triggers
- Documenting Workflows for Property Management Tools
Getting Started With Automation
Part of getting started is deciding what you should automate.
Repetitive communication, the rent collection process, move-out emails, renewals—anything that doesn't require customized details specifically for that reader is a great candidate for property management process automation. Add in notifications, monthly reporting, cash flow analysis—the sky is the limit after a basic implementation is set up!
You should also automate as much of the marketing and sales processes as you can so you can measure the results of small changes to the process and how they improve—or don't improve—your results. This enables you to turn the sales process into a nearly exact science.
Using one integrated solution like HubSpot allows you to do all of this seamlessly, from marketing to sales to operations with all your records in one place.
If you're looking for more information on getting started with property management automation, we've got some great articles for you to check out!
- Why Automated Communication Is a Powerful Tool for Property Management Workflows
- Automate These 7 Components of a Property Management Workflow
- Achieve Maximum Efficiency With Workflow Automation and CRM Systems
- How to Bring Automation Into Your Everyday Property Management Workflows
- Property Managers: Workflow Automation Is the Key to a Successful 2020
If you've built your workflows and started to create your automations, it's time to think about how you can take them to the next level. Automating renewals communications is great—but coming away with a signed contract from that automation is always going to be better!
Some tools you can use to take your automations to the next level are:
- Chat features
- Call tracking and transcription
- Meeting scheduling
- Sending and getting sign-offs on quotes.
Once you build your workflows, chances are there are property management tools out there to help you make your everyday operations even more efficient. We've found that if our clients can dream it, we can do it!
Read more in these blogs:
- Use E-Sign to Optimize Your Property Management Workflows
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Consider Workflow Automation Tools—and How to Get Started!
- Property Management Tools: Maximize Workflows in HubSpot
- Using Email for Property Management Automation Can Maximize Your Workflows
- Optimize Your Property Management Workflows With Automation
There is a lot more information available when it comes to workflows and property management automations—but some of it we just have to show you. This is the best way to really demonstrate what's 'under the hood.'
What does our sales process look like? First, we schedule a 15-minute discovery call to see if we're even a good fit. After that, we'll show you the behind the scenes stuff that is harder to tell about and needs to be shown.
We follow up like any normal operation—and we know how to listen to a 'no'! So, there is nothing in the way of you seeing what we can do with HubSpot for the needs of your property management company. Just use the link below to schedule a time that works for a discovery call, and we'll be in touch!